What are equipment specifications for bowling balls?
- No balance holes will be permitted.
- All holes drilled must be used for gripping purposes on every delivery.
- No more than three (3) ounces of weight on any halves of the ball.
When does the weight hole / balance hole rule go into effect?
- August 1, 2020
- Is there any grace period? No
Are you allowed to clean your equipment during play / competition?
- USBC will temporarily allow the use of isopropyl alcohol, aka rubbing alcohol on the outer surface of the ball at any time during USBC certified competition.
What is the age limit for a youth bowler?
- To align with best practices in youth sports organizations, the maximum age for USBC Youth membership will be 18 starting with the 2020-2021 season
- The change better aligns USBC’s membership and competition with policies from the U.S. Center for SafeSport, requiring SafeSport training for those 18 years of age and older if they plan to continue to bowl in a USBC youth league
- USBC Youth membership is available to an individual who has not reached their 18th birthday prior to August 1 of the current bowling season.
What is SafeSport Training?
- SafeSport Training is a program designed to keep athletes of all sports safe from misconduct. The course is mainly focused on protecting minors from the misconduct and abuse. https://www.safesport.org/
What is RVP?
- Registered Volunteer Program
- Anyone age 18 or older who holds a position of authority or supervision over USBC Youth programs, has an opportunity to establish a position of trust, and/or has an opportunity to build a one-on-one relationship through USBC Youth programs with USBC Youth bowlers must become a USBC Registered Volunteer.